James Copeland Dumbreck was born 1st May 1857 in
Linlithgow (nr Edinburgh), married Elizabeth Marshall Aitken on the 16th April 1885 in Central Pueblo, Pueblo, Colorado.
James died in Pueblo on the 17th April 1925.
Elizabeth was born 13th January 1864 at Larkhall, Lanark, Scotland
and she died 30th October 1944 in Pueblo, Colorado.
They had 10 children.
1. Elizabeth Struth born 17th October 1883 (by
Elizabeth's first marriage) married William Hare.
2. John Aitken Dumbreck 30th January 1886 married Armella Gertrude Dedi
they had 4 daughters.
3 & 4.. Alex and William (twins) 27th February 1888 - no
5. Luella Brown Dumbreck (twin) born 20 May 1889
married William Robert Dodge - see page for details.
6. Isabella Dumbreck (twin) 20th May 1889 - no further
7. James Copeland Dumbreck born 7th January 1891
died 25 January 1915 (From War Memorial Edinburgh Castle, Killed in Action. France & Flanders, Number, Rank 9913 GDSN.
Certified copy of record of Scots Guards killed in action in the war of 1914, LE TOURET MEMORIAL Pas de Calasie, France, Granve Panels 2&3, 1st Bn., Scots Guard, Private Soldier No
8. George Dumbreck born 17 December 1892
married Rachael Martin 2 sons and 2 daughters - see page for details.
9. Allan Dumbreck born 29 October 1894
married Margaret Carswell Ruddick - one son James Allan Dumbreck born 17 May 1931.
- no further details.
10. Edith Dumbreck 7 October 1896 died 5 April 1912
Glasgow - no further details.
Luella born 1889, George 1892, Allan 1894 and
John 1886 continued the